CSL, the parent company of CSL Behring, announced a reported net profit after tax of $2.61 billion1,2. This is a profit increase of 20% at constant currency (CC)² versus the previous year and thus exceeds the forecasts for the 2023 financial year. Revenue increases by 31% at CC2.
This result reflects:
- A strong performance in the 2023 financial year which was delivered against a challenging operating environment.
- CSL Behring business rebounded strongly driven by exceptional growth in immunoglobulin sales and record plasma collections.
- A focus on improving efficiencies across the global network has helped reduce the impact of inflation and currency fluctuation.
- Successful completion of the acquisition of Vifor Pharma. The integration is well advanced, and the cost synergies are well on track.
- First patients treated with HEMGENIX®. The first and only gene therapy for the treatment of adults with hemophilia B was approved by the FDA earlier this year.
Dr Paul McKenzie, CSL’s Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director said, “We remained focused on executing on our strategy of delivering innovative medicines to best serve our patients and protect public health. This, combined with the efforts of our people is now delivering positive momentum for CSL and our patients in more than 100 countries.”
1All figures are expressed in US dollars unless otherwise stated.
2 Constant currency (CC) removes the impact of exchange rate movements, facilitating comparability of operational performance. For further detail please refer to CSL’s Financial Statements for the Full Year ended June 2023 (Directors’ Report).