CSL, the parent company of CSL Behring, today announced a reported net profit after tax of $2,236 billion1,2, down 6% at CC2, and at the top end of guidance, with revenue up 3% at CC2..
This result reflects
- Performance as expected in a difficult global environment
- Significant growth in Research & Development investment
- Strong growth in market leading haemophilia B product
- Immunoglobulin sales limited by constrained plasma collections in FY21, improved second half performance reflects growth in plasma collected
- Significant growth in plasma collections volume expected to underpin future Ig and albumin sales growth
- Exceptional performance by influenza vaccines business, CSL Seqirus
- Acquisition of Vifor Pharma completed on 9 August 2022
Mr Paul Perreault, CSL’s Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director said, “CSL has delivered a good result at the top end of our guidance, demonstrating our resilient performance against the ongoing challenges presented by the global COVID pandemic.”
1All figures are expressed in US dollars unless otherwise stated.
2 Constant currency (CC) removes the impact of exchange rate movements, facilitating comparability of operational performance. For further detail please refer to CSL’s Financial Statements for the Full Year ended June 2022 (Directors’ Report).