The “Charta der Vielfalt” (Diversity Charter) is an initiative to promote diversity in companies and institutions under the patronage of German Chancellor Angela Merkel. By signing the Diversity Charter, we at CSL Behring are sending a clear signal for diversity, equal opportunities and tolerance in the world of work. We are committed to an appreciative and prejudice-free working environment for all employees ─ regardless of their gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or ideology, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We see diversity as a "treasure" that helps us to see challenges from different perspectives and to find demand-driven, creative and innovative solutions. After all, we can best fulfill our promise to our patients by considering a wide range of perspectives and viewpoints.
Numerous initiatives within our company help to create a working environment in which each and every employee has the opportunity to develop, contribute their ideas and advance their professional development. These include, for example, the "Re-Start With Us" program, which promotes the integration of refugees into the company and society, and the "Mentoring Hessen" program, which accompanies women on their career paths in science and business.
What we stand for by signing the Charter der Vielfalt - The text of the Charter:
To implement this Charter, we will
- cultivate an organisational culture characterised by mutual respect and appreciation. We create the foundations for managers and employees to acknowledge, share and live these values. They are in fact accorded particular responsibility to do so.
- review our human resource processes, and ensure they live up to the diverse competencies and talents of all employees, as well as satisfy our performance expectations.
- recognise diversity within and outside our organisation, appreciating the intrinsic potential residing in this diversity, and utilising it advantageously for our business or organisation.
- make the content of the Charter the topic of internal and external dialogue.
- provide information about our activities and progress in promoting diversity and appreciation on an annual basis.
- keep our staff informed about the value of diversity and involve them in implementing the Charter. (Excerpts from the Charter der Vielfalt, 2021)